free stats

15.10.04

JFK and baby killing

Asked at the Arizona debate about Catholic bishops who say it would be a sin to vote for a candidate who, like Kerry, supports unlimited abortion and the destruction of human embryos for research purposes, Kerry said: "I completely respect their views. I am a Catholic. And I grew up learning how to respect those views."

He "respects" the view that life is sacred? How about a simple yes or no, Senator?

He goes on to say

"I believe that I can't legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith."

Continuing on later, he says

"There's a great passage of the Bible that says, What does it mean, my brother, to say you have faith if there are no deeds? Faith without works is dead. And I think that everything you do in public life has to be guided by faith."


So, let's sum it up. Kerry respects the view that life is sacred. However, he cannot legislate his morality on other people. On the other hand, he cites a verse which proclaims that "faith without works is dead". Sounds like par for the Kerry course.